Welcome!


Starting a blog has been on my mind for almost two years now and I even had the template ready for over a year now. So I guess it is time to get on with it and start writing. I also pondered of starting a knitting video podcast since especially in Finland (I’m a Finn) they are getting really popular. So that might happen later on! 

But why in English and not in Finnish? I did think about this a while and I thought this might be a good way to keep my language skills up to date and also I fell that the topics of most of my blog posts might have more reach if I write in English. So apologies for all the spelling and grammar mistakes in advance. 

Since I like metal music the name of the blog has its origins there. At the time I was listening Cradle of Filth’s Nyphetamine and I was thinking the wordplay in the name of the song. And that’s where it came to my mind: Yarnphetamine. Not saying that I’m addicted to yarns, but…


So I have been knitting for years now. Naturally I learned the craft in school but I really got into it while in University when looking for something to keep myself awake in lectures. I also do some crocheting and I even have couple of project I can write in here and actually finish them! In my teen years I also did lot sewing but I haven’t done any big project for years now. But now I inherited a sewing machine and overlock sewing machine, so I definitely have to start some sewing project as well.

My favorite pastime other than crafting is playing video game. Therefore most of my own designs will be related to games that I’ve been playing. But I also do other project so this blog won’t be full of gaming crafting project (but a lot of will be).

I hope readers will be interested in my way of expressing fan art and other crafting endeavors.

Kommentit

Popular Posts

N7 Socks

Dyeing With Kool-Aid

Pikesocks