Jack Frost Mittens




So here it is! My very first pattern design: JackFrost Mittens. This has been up in my Ravelry page for a while, but now I finally wrote the pattern. The chart is made with Stich Fiddle.

Jack Frost is a recurring character from Shin Megami Tensei franchise. I actually haven’t played that many SMT games (So far IV, Devil Survivor and also the crossover Tokyo Mirage Sessions), but I have a stack of waiting and the fifth is coming (hopefully we get more info on E3).

This is for DK weight yarn in blue, white and black. Also little bit of yellow yarn for the embroidered smiley is needed. I used Novita's Nalle for this project. I first started with 4 double pointed needles but the time the pattern of the back of the hand started I used one needle instead of 2. This is to not to have the line between the needles show up.  This is a little problem I have while knitting with double pointed needles. Of course this varies with yarns and techniques. For ensample I knitted socks from Regia’s Tutti Frutti and this line was very clear (unfortunately no pics) where as in these mittens it is invisible on the palm side, but visible on the rib. I also used the invisible stranding technique to fasten the long floats.

This was an educational experience as had to re do this many times until I finally was happy with it. Since there are so called unique Jack Frost I might do more of mittens since I can base the pattern design on these Mittens.

Kommentit

Popular Posts

N7 Socks

Dyeing With Kool-Aid

Pikesocks